Who am I letting define success?
Why is it that after running 7 miles, packing lunches and taking the kids on a play date at the lake, running Traeger to 5 day club, cleaning the bathroom, mopping the bathroom and kitchen floors, hosting the neighbor kids for playtime in the driveway for 3 hours, taking the kids for a bike ride and all the other "emergencies" that happen in a day I felt guilty that I was exhausted by 7 pm and felt like I still needed to do more and was searching for more significance.
When I finally called it a night at 10 pm God had brought light to my guilt for which I am thankful for (I'm still on the journey of living and understanding my freedom in Christ). Who exactly am I letting define my success? Our world (Satan) whispers lies to me telling me if I just do a little more or accomplish something big I will be somebody. I am who I am by the grace of God alone. I need to be devoted to Him in all that I do because He is the way, the truth and the life. There is nothing more that I need to add or do to gain significance in His eyes. Through it all, my focus needs to be on God and what He is calling me to instead of listening to the deceitful lies Satan is speaking that if I just did a little more I would be somebody. Since I have died, I no longer live for myself but for Christ (2 Cor. 5:14,15)
So I can get a lot accomplished in any given day, but it is only successful when lived out in His strength, power and leading. The challenge is to keep my focus on my power in Christ and what He is doing through me and shut out the whispers Satan is trying breath that if I just do one more thing than maybe I can call it a successful day. I have been rescued from the domain of Satan's rule and transferred to the Kingdom of Christ (Col. 1:13)
I love my role as a mom and I'm going to fight Satan's attempts to steal my joy and significance in Christ!

1 comment:
Thanks for the post...I needed to hear that!
Post a Comment