Sunday, December 20, 2009

Girl time

Thanks to the most awesome in-laws in the world, while Luke worked all weekend, I was able to schedule a weekend away with my longest and dear friend, Casey Marie. We go all the way back to preschool. She conveniently lives about 30 minutes south of my in-laws. So Friday morning, I packed up the kids, all of our stuff and headed south. 4 hours later, we arrived at Grandpa and Nana's house and got situated. It was a win/win situation. The kids were thrilled to be able to spend time with Grandpa and Nana and I couldn't wait to have a little girl time. And Luke...well he worked all weekend. It's a good thing he loves his job, right!


It's so good to be known...upon my arrival, I had a sweet note, skittles and a magazine waiting for my enjoyment.

After getting settled and catching up a little, we headed out with another one of Casey's friends to Bayshore Mall to shop and then grab supper at BDs Mongolian BBQ.


We took advantage of their beautiful Christmas decorations and had lots of good laughs.


The serious pose...


then it was time for the piggy back pose....


how's this one?


Going for the cheesy pose.


Christmas is in the air.

After staying up most of the night chatting, it was a special treat to sleep in Saturday morning. We took our time getting ready and then it was time to hit a few shops I don't get a chance to frequent often. You know like Target, Home Depot, Michaels. We're talking just the basics folks, but living an hour away from any store, it makes it a treat.


After we shopped 'til we dropped, we spent the night cuddled up in a cozy blanket with hot chocolate and snacks and watched a movie. (The blanket was a sweet memory of the days old watching movies in Casey's parent's basement in high school)


Grandpa and Nana are such amazing servants and love in such tangible ways. If loving on the kids all weekend wasn't enough, I arrived back to a clean van and full tank of gas.

I arrived home with my love tank full and so thankful for all the evidences of God's grace and love I experienced this weekend.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Such good times-thanks for carving a weekend out of your busy life! I love ya!

Keelie said...

Love all the fun poses! What a great weekend!
I hear ya on the shopping thing - it may always drive me crazy that I have to drive at least 45 min to get to any stores! I love living up north and in a small town, but not being able to get to a store in 10 min is a real bummer, especially when you have two kids to tote along!

The Hatfield family

Contributors