Christmas song...
In years past I wouldn't have classified myself as a lover of Christmas music. This year might just be a turning of the tide. During the Christmas Eve service at Luke's parent's church we sang many of the favorite, classic Christmas songs. It really brought satisfaction to my soul. This year I appreciated the simple truths they spoke of Jesus. Obviously they aren't anything new, people have been singing them for hundreds of years, but this year they were powerful reminders to me of who this Jesus really is that we're celebrating and how He came into the world. One of the last songs that we sang was Silent Night. The lights were off and the candles were lit. I sat in awe at the thought of how perfect, mighty, calm, and precious that moment was then when the ultimate gift of all time was delivered and how His saving power hasn't changed over 2000 years later. We serve an awesome God!
Another favorite this Christmas was "Winter Snow" by Chris Tomlin and Audrey Assad
If you get a chance...check it out.
If you get a chance...check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment