Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sometimes I wish I had a recorder...


Below are a few things the kids have said or done in the last couple of months that I took time to write down....

Here's a conversation that took place between Traeger and Ataly one afternoon...
T: You'll be the wife and I'll be the...what do you call it mom?
M: Husband.
T: Ok. Now what do we do? Well we can do the things that kids can't do. And we have to do dishes and things like that too.

****

A: I love you to 5 pieces mom!

****

A: Just a minute, I'm decisioning.
(trying to use those big words)

***

T: Mom, can I tell you all the things I love about you?
M: Of course you can (and I secretly wanted to say and you don't have to stop anytime soon)

****

A: Just leave the laundry there and I'll put it away. It's my responsible (meaning it's my responsibility)

****

As I was tucking Traeger in for the night he quietly leans over and said, "could you kiss me and rub my back? I promise I won't wipe off your kisses."

****

After Ataly carelessly dumped sunscreen out on the garage floor Luke asked her why she did that. She quickly responded, "Daddy, I'm so sorry, do I need a consequence?"

****

Traeger burst into the house with a water gun and squirted me. I wasn't prepared and responded poorly. Ataly quickly chimed in and said, "Mommy don't yell. Remember just gently say no thank you Traeger. I don't like that."

****

Ataly's bedtime staling techniques...
A: I guess I'd like you to comb out my knots daddy.

****

Traeger was mad that they couldn't sleep on our bed so he said, "mom you make me angry and you're not a nice mom." Ataly quickly chimes in. "Traeger, God tells us to tell our mommy that she is a nice mommy." I hear them arguing back and forth from the bedroom over the fact of if I'm a nice mommy or not. Then Ataly said,"I'm going to tell mom that I love her and that she's a nice mommy." Whew...it's a good thing someone was on my side that night :O)

****

Traeger and Ataly will say this sometimes:
Just a minute. I'm processing.

****

Traeger and I were talking about what a great honor and humbling responsibility it is to be married and have a wife. He said, "Oh I understand and I will take responsibility for her."

****

At the breakfast table Ataly announces for the first time, "Mom, I love God. It takes a lot of running."

Oh how I love in her 3 year old way she is announcing her affections for Jesus and at the same time describing how our sin can so easily entangle us. It takes a lot of running because we're constantly having to turn from our sin and run back to Jesus. He is the answer. He is one turn away. What a gift we have in Jesus. He is always waiting with His loving and forgiving arms ready to grab us up if we make the choice to repent and run back into His arms.

1 comment:

Ashlee Wise said...

I miss my Hatfield family.

The Hatfield family

Contributors