Monday, September 26, 2011

1st day of Pre-K


After months of questions about when the first day of school was, I made a countdown to Traeger's first day of Pre-K.


All the boxes were marked off and the much anticipated day had arrived.


Traeger was ready to go.


I was thankful for the opportunity to help out in his classroom the first two days of school.
No tears the day of...I shed my tears a couple days before the first day of school. I was so excited for Traeger and I knew he was ready. Yet this mommy's heart was heavy with thoughts of "how does time go so quickly?" It certainly motivates me to keep treasuring and cherishing each and every moment because they go fast. One of the blessings I feel like my parents gave me was the confidence to spread my wings. I desire to provide the same to my kids. I now know (because I have the parent's perspective) they were sad sitting on the sidelines watching me fly away, but at the time I only felt their confidence, encouragement and joy in the new adventures I was about to encounter. They always said, "you were leaving the nest from the day you were born." It's so true, but as a mom now there's a desire to want to hold a little more tightly than what's helpful. I'm excited for Traeger to continue to spread his wings and fly off to different adventures that God has for him. These days that just means we're starting a chapter of them being away from us. My heart is thankful though that the adventures come moment by moment and for today he still gets to come home and be loved on, trained up and in all things pointed to Jesus so that he can confidently go back out do God's will for his life.

Saying goodbye to Daddy.


So sad...
Actually, in our heart of hearts, we are thrilled that Traeger gets the opportunity to venture off and start a new chapter of his life. God is good and we are confident God is going before him and with him. So thankful for that promise.

"There are two lasting gifts we can give our kids...one is roots, the other is wings."

No comments:

The Hatfield family

Contributors