Happy Easter 2011
I enjoy all the things that surround the Easter holiday...food, family, friends, dying eggs, baskets, candy, cute Easter dresses and church.
But most importantly, my heart leaps for joy when I think of what we're really celebrating...our Risen Savior.
We serve a mighty God who loved us so much that he took our sins upon the cross, died and rose again from the grave.
Now that's good news!
He is alive!
I (and YOU) can be alive in Christ when we choose to trust and continue to follow Him.
I love the lyrics of the song In Christ Alone...
"And as He stands in victory. Sins curse has lost it's grip on me. For I am His and He is mine. Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life. No fear in death. This is the power of Christ in me. From life's first cry to final breath. Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of Hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hand. Till He returns or calls me home. Here in the power of Christ I'll stand."
He is risen...He is risen indeed!
Are you standing in the power of Christ?

1 comment:
One of my favorites, especially when you get to the crescendo of "then breaking forth in glorious day...."
Post a Comment