Monday, November 22, 2010

Last minute trip home

Due to an unfortunate circumstance, the kids and I headed home for the weekend to attend a funeral. While we were in town we thought we'd stay awhile and enjoy some time with our Grandpa Bruce and Nonnie. We're thankful our time was sprinkled with some time with the P family too!


Traeger and Melia bonding.

My parents have a beautiful nature preserve near their house. Somehow 31 years passed before I would get the chance to enjoy it. Who knew such a treasure was just minutes from where I grew up?! It was fabulous!


Grandpa Bruce, Nonnie and the grandkids...minus Melia.


Ataly holding her own as we climbed up the hill.


Grandpa Bruce giving the kids a lesson on acorns.


The boys yelling their motto..."boys rule, girls drool."


The boys continued to shout their motto with an exclusion to sister's and cousins...how sweet is that!


We came upon a really cool fort made of sticks, branches and logs.


Taking a moment to rest.


My parents rock!


Horrible picture, but it was great to connect with Jimmy while we were in the area. He loved on the kids Friday night so I could attend a funeral. Then on Sunday the kids, my mom and I picked him up and went to church in Ripon, really close to campus. Dad met us in Ripon and we all had lunch and then it was time to say goodbye.


On Monday before we headed out of town we had a picnic lunch date with Nonnie...it was the middle of November and the weather allowed for this. It made my heart very happy!

No comments:

The Hatfield family

Contributors