First digger...
We were riding our bikes to our friends house for a play date when suddenly as we were making the last turn into their driveway, Traeger hit a patch of gravel . I was right behind him and watched the whole event unfold. I haven't had any bad dreams yet but let me just say I have a whole new appreciation for bike helmets. I'm pretty sure my son would have significant damage to something dealing with his head had it not been for the helmet (and I'm not just exaggerating). It was like slow motion as Traeger slid sideways in the gravel and his head (helmet) bounced like a ball on the cement . With wails of frustration and sadness, on his own accord, Traeger jumped back on his bike and rode to park his bike in the friend's driveway. It happened in the right place because our friend's had all the supplies we needed to clean up the wound on Traeger's elbow and a popsicle to help distract from the pain (as I dug the rock out from his elbow). I now have hydrogen peroxide and gauze pads on my Walmart list just to have on hand. God is good and protected Traeger that day and this mommy is thankful for just a minor scrap on his elbow for his first digger. I guess it's all part of the adventure, right!

No comments:
Post a Comment