Happy Independence Day!
We couldn't go home to Omro for our traditional 4th of July celebrations this year since the 4th landed on a Saturday. Luke only gets 2 Sundays off a year and it didn't really seem that necessary to use one for this. I was kind of bummed. We made the most of it and had fun celebrating and hanging out with friends in Medford this year.
Thanks Nonnie for Ataly's festive dress.
Late in the morning we walked down to the city park to check out what was going on. Not much was happening but we played a little in the park and Traeger got to ride on 2 rides which was a big highlight for him.
Ride 'em cowgirl
Traeger digging for coins
Two thumbs up for Mr. Traeger
Traeger having a blast on his first ever carnival ride
Traeger's second choice was riding the Octopus
sweet kisses
Ok, so a little confession of mine is that I've always wanted to make a festive dessert that looked like this. If you know me, you know I'm not all that gifted in the kitchen. If you keep it simple I can do it but beyond that I leave it to someone else and I can encourage their giftedness in the kitchen. I was assigned to desserts for our outing with friends. So I checked out 4th of July desserts and this popped up. I thought to myself that this is something I've always wanted to do but wasn't sure I could do it. I was going to be with those I love, so it would be a perfect time to try it out. It was so simple. It was just a normal fruit pizza (which I've done before) with the blueberries and strawberries for the topping. Quite simple and super tasty.
So cheesy I know, but I had to share my little secret confession :O)
We headed to the Brunner's cabin on Sacketts Lake for the afternoon and into the evening. Our kids love water so this was a huge hit and we got to hang out with friends. It doesn't get any better than that.
Luke taking the kids for a ride to the beach.
The girls jumped off so it left the boys to dock the boat.
After the fun adventures at the Lake we headed into town for the fireworks.
making memories with friends
Lainey was a huge help all day and enjoys being a little mommy to Ataly.
Brian helping Traeger with his first sparkler experience
The big kids chowing down on popcorn and taking in the wonders of the fireworks...
Ataly too.


3 comments:
I have to say, What's with the hoodies on the fireworks pics?? It is so hot here in Texas! That would be so weird to have a cold 4th of July, as I've never known anything different! I love your dessert. You did great! :-)
Congratulations on your festive dessert! It looks amazing!!
I love the picture of Traeger on the ride giving two thumbs up! It looks like he was having a great time. Jen B
Congratulations on your festive dessert! It looks amazing!!
I love the picture of Traeger on the ride giving two thumbs up! It looks like he was having a great time. Jen B
Post a Comment