Sunday, January 06, 2008

Transitions!

I'm glad parenthood comes at us in stages. I remember when Traeger was 3 months old and we transitioned him to his crib and I thought that was a big deal.
Then came tonight when it was time to transition Traeger to his big boy bed. He did well, only getting out of bed 8 times, he didn't stand at the door screaming nor did he cry. Now I'm sure those nights are coming, but for the first night I will chalk it up as a success.
I didn't shed any tears over my first born being big enough to be done with a crib already, it just pulled a few of my heartstrings and was a good reminder to cherish each day because they do go by so quickly! Again, I'm glad parenthood comes at us in stages and that I didn't have to send him off to kindergarten just yet, but that day too will be here before I know it :O)!

3 comments:

Keelie said...

How old is Traeger now? Wow! Getting so big! Time does fly!I'm glad parenthood comes in stages as well! Our first transition from cradle in mom and dad's room to crib in nursery came at 6 weeks! Caedmon was too stinkin' long! Still is! We really need to transition to the next car seat, but I'm not ready for that yet!

The Chandler Clan said...

very sweet post

Nicole said...

Hope he's doing well with the transition. And with that transition comes a new little baby to fill that crib. Can't wait to meet her!

The Hatfield family

Contributors