Sunday, October 14, 2007

Helene's Apple Orchard

I really enjoy being able to experience new events with my family and possibly creating traditions. On Saturday we drove to Helene's Apple Orchard in Merrill and took in all they had to offer. We enjoyed the bumpy hay ride, playing in the activity area, sipping fresh apple cider, nippling on a delicous apple turnover, petting the animals, and soaking in the gorgeous fall day! I'm thankful for such experiences!

Traeger checking out what these orange "balls" are all about.

Traeger thought feeding grass to the goats was pretty neat. He came out with a new vocabulary word too-goat (sounds like go)

Traeger and Mommy waiting to get on the hay ride.

Traeger enjoyed petting the orchard's friendly dog.

Daddy pushing Traeger on the tractor

Ending the afternoon with special apple treats was delightful. Traeger managed to get a molasses/oatmeal cookie out of the deal!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like so much fun! Enjoy the fall for us too! We will truly miss that change of season! Love the blog and finding out what you're doing...keep up the great posts and tons of pictures of the little man! Take care sweetie! We miss ya lots...can't wait to see that baby bump!!!!

Arica said...

Wow, what a great family time! What an awesome opportunity you all have. That would be a great tradition to start, and in a way, I guess you already did. Miss you guys. BTW, Traeger is getting soooo big!
Arica

Keelie said...

I cannot wait to do such fun activities with Caedmon! I'm really missing the fall field trips to the apple orchards! I love going on hay rides, walking through corn mazes, eating donuts and drinking apple cider... Yesterday, my friends from work called and were on their way to a pumpkin patch right by my house; so Caedmon and I went for a visit and he got his first picture taken near pumpkins.:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Hatfield's...Going back to the first picture and comment of the apple orchard...Brent and I are wondering how you "nipple on apple turnovers". ha, ha

The Hatfield family

Contributors